The school uniform is:
- black skirt or black trousers (not cords, track suit bottoms,jeans, leggings or jeggings); skirt style should be suitable for school (ie not too tight or too short) and should be worn with white socks or black tights
- school burgundy sweatshirt (available to order from school)
- white school shirt or blouse (not polo shirts)
- school tie (black and yellow stripes)
- dark or white socks
- all-black school leather shoes (not trainers)
Please note that black school shoes should be plain and formal. The following will not be accepted:
- designer/sport branded trainers with velcro fastening
- canvas plimsolls
- Vans/Converse-style trainers
- UGG-style boots
- platform shoes
If boots are worn in winter months or poor weather conditions, they should be tucked under trousers.
- make up, false nails and nail varnish should not be worn
- piercings other than ‘stud’ earrings are not allowed
- trainers should not be worn in school (pupils are permitted to change into trainers during lunchtimes)
- extreme hairstyles (i.e. shaved tramlines/patterns, brightly coloured hair etc.) are not permitted; shaved hair should be no shorter than a number 2 grade
Ordering school uniform and PE kit
Our uniform supplier is Emblematic, and uniform & PE kit orders can be placed using the following methods:
- online via the Whytrig Middle School webpage on Emblematic’s website, which includes the option to have your child’s name embroidered onto school jumpers and PE polo shirts; orders will be delivered to your home (a charge for postage will be made)
- in person at Emblematic’s Longbenton shop at Unit 26, North Tyne Industrial Estate, Whitley Road, Benton NE12 9SZ (near Asda); pupil names cannot be embroidered if you buy in person
Please note that uniform and PE kit orders cannot be placed at the school, although a small stock of ties and water bottles will be available for purchase from the school finance office. The finance office has a set of samples for pupils to try on as a guide and to aid the ordering process. Please take the opportunity to check sizes and ensure you order the correct size, particularly if you choose to place a personalised online order.
Orders for uniform and PE kit for the 2018-19 school year must be received by Emblematic by Wednesday 31 July 2018 to ensure they are ready for the start of the school year. Any orders received after this date may not be processed and ready for the start of term.